Japan House London is reopening on Thursday 3 December. In the run up to the festive season, our opening hours will be extended as follows:
Monday – Wednesday: 11:00-19:00
Thursday – Saturday: 11:00-21:00
Sunday & Bank Holidays: 12:00-18:00
(Office hours are 9:00-18:00, Monday to Friday; closed on public holidays)
*The Library will reopen from Thursday 3 December.
Rediscover the pleasures of reading at Japan House London's Library through our changing exhibitions and permanent collection.
The Library is accessible and free to visitors seven days a week during Japan House opening hours. Visitors are welcome to take a seat and become engrossed in an eclectic range of volumes on Japanese culture and innovation, that are often hard to find elsewhere in the UK.
Visiting The Library
From 3 December, we are delighted to invite guests back to The Library at Japan House London. All guests wishing to visit The Library are asked to pre-book their free visit through our online booking system. A limited number of entry tickets are available each day.
Tier 2 COVID-19 restrictions apply in London. Japan House London is a COVID-19 secure venue, which means that we can continue to operate in line with the UK Government guidance. Our guests are politely reminded that they may only visit with members of their own household or support bubble. Please visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information about the measures we have implemented to ensure your safety.
Please choose your date and time:
Tickets for the following fortnight will be released on Fridays.
To ensure your visit to The Library is as safe and enjoyable as possible, please follow these visitor procedures:
- Please keep a minimum 2-metre distance from other guests and members of staff at all times.
- In line with the UK Government guidelines, guests (aged 11 and over) are required to wear a face covering when visiting Japan House and The Library. Access without a face covering will only be granted for those who are exempt from wearing one (find out more about face coverings on the UK Government website).
- Please wear disposable gloves while browsing The Library.
- Please note that access to The Library will not grant access to our ongoing exhibition, Architecture for Dogs. Tickets for the exhibition must be booked separately.
- Only two visitors are allowed access to The Library at any one time.
- The maximum allowed stay in The Library is 2 hours per visitor.