Getaway Giveaway - a Weekend of Japan
Japan House London eNewsletter Giveaway - Ts & Cs
Abridged terms and conditions from the prize supplier and competition promoter:
UK18+ only. Normal exclusions apply in respect to persons connected to the Promoter or Supplier . Opens: 14 February 2022. Closes: 28 February 2022.
One winner and a friend will experience a full 'Weekend of Japan', with a one night stay in a Deluxe Room at the Prince Akatoki in Marble Arch, dinner for two at Japan House London’s in-house restaurant, AKIRA, a guided tour of the current exhibition and a £100 voucher to spend on Japanese craft products in The Shop.
Runner up prizes:
2 x Lunch for two at AKIRA restaurant with a £30 gift voucher to spend on Japanese products in The Shop.
5 x A copy of 'Japanese Gardens' by Tanaka Shozo, illustrated by Hosho Yuji (winners – who must be based in the UK - can receive these by post)
One entry per person. Winners randomly selected and notified by email within 14 days of the closing date. This prize must be redeemed by 10 April 2022. Full terms and conditions below. Promoter and Supplier: Japan House London.
Japan House London TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. The Promoter: Japan House London, 101-111 Kensington High Street, London W8 5SA
2. The Suppliers: Japan House London, 101-111 Kensington High Street, London W8 5SA and A.B. Hotels (The Arch London) Limited (trading as Prince Akatoki London), West Walk Building, 110 Regent Road, Leicester, LE1 7LT
3. Eligibility: This prize promotion is open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step” family), of The Promoter, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize promotion. To be eligible you must be an active subscriber to the Promoter’s newsletter at the date of the draw.
4. Promotional Period: Opens: 14 February 2022. Closes: 28 February 2022.
5. Entry Instructions: To be eligible you must be an active subscriber to Japan House London newsletter at the close of entry on 28 February 2021.
6. Only one entry per person per prize promotion unless otherwise stated in the individual promotion. All additional entries will be disqualified.
7. No third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
8. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
9. Prizes: Please see prizes listed above.
10. Winner Selection: Prize draw winner(s) will be randomly selected by a computerised random generator from all entries.
11. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by email by Japan House London within 14 days of the closing date and will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and will award the prize to a reserve drawn at the same time as the original.
12. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the prize promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
13. General: Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
15. All prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter and Supplier reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
17. By entering the Promotion, each entrant grants the Promoter a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
18. The last name and county of the winners can be obtained by sending an email, 28 days after the prize promotion closing date, to [email protected]
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
20. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize.
21. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
22. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. The Promoter will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
24. Where a prize is provided by a Supplier who is not the Promoter, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and The Supplier is responsible for prize fulfilment.
25.If any of these clauses (or part of) should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses (or part of) shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
27. The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
28. Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and used in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy notice which is available at https://www.japanhouselondon.uk/company/privacy-policy/. Entrants acknowledge that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion and that the Promoter may need to make available the winners’ last name and county for the winners’ list in accordance with the Committee of Advertising Practice Code.