Retail Marketing Manager
- Hours: Full time (40 hours) or part time (28 hours minimum)
- Closing Date: 10 April 2023
The Retail Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and then delivering all elements of a retail marketing strategy with the aim of driving sales in the physical and online Shops at Japan House London. This fast-paced role will cover a wide range of tasks such as social media strategy and posting, planning and creating revenue-driving email marketing working with agencies and media outlets on paid advertising, coordinating the creation of artwork and adverts, reporting to senior management on results and adjusting the strategy according to results.
Working with the Marketing & Communications Team, you will understand the need for an integrated approach and team working to achieve success across a variety of channels, both traditional and digital, ensuring that The Shop marketing plans and activities align with those activities for the broader Japan House offer.
It is essential that you have first-rate strategic marketing planning and project management ability ideally in the retail sector. You will bring a wealth of essential skills to the role, with particular expertise in advertising, email marketing and marketing automation. Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to creative problem solving are essential, as are fresh thinking and a strong understanding of methods of audience engagement.
Success in this role will be evidenced by an increase in sales in The Shop, both on and offline.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification such as a degree or diploma in Marketing, Digital Marketing, or
- other related fields, preferably from a recognised institution including the Chartered Institute of
- Marketing and the Digital Marketing Institute
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest (and other channels) and social media scheduling and listening platforms (eg Sprout Social)
- Core IT skills including familiarity with online tools
- SEO skills and knowledge desirable
- Experience of using email marketing platforms
- High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite. Photoshop also an advantage.
- Use of other software systems beneficial (eg CRM, CMS)
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in marketing.
- Retail marketing and eCommerce experience essential.
- Experience of developing and managing social media channels for retail and eCommerce essential, including creating shops on social media channels.
- Experience of using social media scheduling and reporting platforms (preferably Sprout Social) as well as social listening tools.
- Use of analytics to monitor performance and report to on results.
- An understanding of Japanese culture is preferred