- Closing Date: 9 October 2023
As Merchandising Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Merchandising & Buying Manager. This includes assisting with product ordering, product registration, stock management, maintaining records, inventory management, reporting, support for product launch and providing information for team and customer product queries. The Merchandising Assistant must ensure accuracy and efficiency for stock management for the business and have excellent Japanese and English language skills.
- Ensure that all physical stock is cared for during its journey from source to sale
- Maintain accurate and up to date stock levels and records and monitor stock movement
- Maintain accurate product pricing and respond quickly to any price changes with guidance from the Merchandising & Buying Manager
- Inform the Merchandising and Buying Manager of discrepancies/shortages which could result in loss of sales
- Provide up to date product and stock information for the retail experience team enabling them to confidently engage with visitors both physical and online
- Improve the quality of stock control via well organised stock areas and accurate stock records
- Assist in preparing product presentations and reports
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and other departments
- 2+ years of experience of working in a merchandising role in the retail industry
- Experience using an inventory management system
- An understanding of Japanese culture and history would be an advantage
- High business standard English language skills are essential
- Japanese language either native or to business level standard essential
- Good analytical and data skills
- Systems driven, proficient in Excel, MS Office and retail software.
- Exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent time management skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Support the culture of service excellence, both internally and externally
- A good communicator able to build relationships with stakeholders and to work across teams.
- Positive and flexible, responsive to business needs
- This is a fixed term role up to 31st March 2024, with the possibility of renewal
- The responsibilities of this role will require the job holder to be based primarily on site at Japan House London, Kensington High Street, with some flexibility for remote working.
- Most duties will be carried out in JHL back of house spaces.
- Standard working hours are 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday
- Occasional weekend and evening working.
- Additional after-hours project and event-related work may often be required.