- Reporting To: Director of Finance and Compliance
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full-time hours
- Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Purpose of the Role & Key Duties
- Monitoring of day-to-day financial operations and of the finance function and compliance with internal procedures and accounting standards.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with accounting standards in UK GAAP.
- Development and management of financial analysis tool.
- Preparation of the annual budget/forecast, including liaison with budget holders.
- Completion of annual audit and its filing to Companies House.
- Understanding of financial regulations and legislation.
- Implementation of new financial/accounting system (Schedule to be confirmed)
Financial Administration and Reporting
- Monitoring of general ledger entries.
- Ensuring intercompany billing and settlement.
- Preparation and management of sales invoices and its accurate revenue recognition.
- Preparation and management of periodic accounts close (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual).
- Undertaking and management of Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
- Completion of annual statutory report/audit and its filing to Companies House.
- Liaison and reporting, as required, with MoFA.
- Overview of tax administration in conjunction with external tax consultant.
Budget and Forecast
- Oversight of procurement procedures.
- Preparation and creation of annual budget/forecast.
- Liaison with Japan House London budget holders.
- Management of finance assistant.
- Finance Director
- Director General of Japan House London
- Directors (Programming, PR and Corporate Development)
- Operations Manager
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo
- Commercial Operators (Retail and Restaurant)
- External Auditors
Professional Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA or
- A bachelor’s degree or above in finance or accounting filed
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP is essential.
- Good knowledge of UK tax regulations would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Xero or any other ERP systems would be an advantage.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint is an essential requirement.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of finance operations.
- Experience of staff management is essential.
- Experience with audit would be an advantage.
- Experience with XERO or any other ERP system.
- Experience of developing and implementing financial/accounting systems and procedures.
To apply for this role please email us your CV and quote the job title ‘Director of Finance and Compliance’ in the subject line.
Please note that in line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. We cannot offer visa support.