- Reporting To: Director General
- Contract: Fixed term until September 2019 (with potential for renewal)
- Hours: Full time, with occasional out-of-hours requirement
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Purpose of the Role & Key Duties
The Executive Officer will ensure that Japan House will function efficiently and effectively by implementing and overseeing administrative process, including the preparation and organisation of information, documentation including board minutes and other records across Japan House. This will include providing full secretarial assistance, clerical support and diary management to the President and Director General and the Board of Directors.
Key duties include:
- Conduct diary meetings for the President, Director General and Executive Team to discuss upcoming engagements, events and activities
- Responsible for internal meetings structure and organisation. Prepare for and circulate agendas / minutes of recurring internal meetings
- Design, implement and regulate office operational policies and procedures to support Japan House’s activities.
- Manage the recording and scheduling of Japan Houses contractual agreements.
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders including the Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo to schedule meetings with President & Director General as required.
- Along with the Administration Assistant, answer phone call enquiries and manage responses to information inbox queries in the absence of the Administration Assistant.
- Create itineraries and PowerPoint presentations for President & Director General as required
- Assist President & Director General in responding to queries, phone calls and invitations by taking forward such contacts as appropriate including liaise with Retail, Restaurant and other internal colleagues.
- Ensure the President & Director General and executive team are fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements they are involved in as necessary
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the President & Director General, including the drafting of general replies
- Ad hoc research/assistance with projects for President & Director General and executive team
- Ensure guests meeting with the President & Director General and executive team are well taken care of
- Line Management of Administrative Assistant
- Act as Secretary to the Directorate Group, ensuring that the agenda and papers for weekly meetings are prepared on time and to a high standard
Professional Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (e.g. diploma in Business Administration, or related business management field) or equivalent
- Additional training and / or supplementary courses completed in associated administrative, clerical, finance, project management or business areas also advantageous
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and other financial practices
- High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite
- Use of other software systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics, beneficial
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in an administrative or secretarial role with responsibility for executive-level correspondence, administration, travel and diary management
- Exposure to sector (Museum, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction or Heritage Destination) preferred
- An understanding of Japanese culture and history would be an advantage.
- Some experience of management advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English, proficient to high business language standard is essential.
- Japanese language skills, advantageous.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- A participative team player with an inclusive approach towards all colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-moving environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Able to influence people whilst maintaining tact and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent time management skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Assimilation and understanding of complex and sensitive information.
To apply for this role please email us your CV and quote the job title 'Executive Officer' in the subject line.