Director of Finance and Compliance
- Reporting To: Director General of Japan House London
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full-time hours
- Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Purpose of the Role & Key Duties
- Financial Administration and Reporting
- Governance and Compliance
- Tax Compliance
- Budget and Forecast
- President of Japan House London
- Director General of Japan House London
- Directors (Programming and PR)
- Operations Manager
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo
- Commercial Operators (Retail and Restaurant)
- External Auditors
Professional Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified or
- A bachelor’s degree or above in finance or accounting filed
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP is essential.
- Good knowledge of UK tax regulations would an advantage.
- Knowledge of Xero or any other ERP systems would be an advantage.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint is an essential requirement.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- At least 5-8 years’ experience of finance operations.
- Experience of staff management is essential.
- Experience with audit is essential.
- Experience with XERO or any other ERP system.
- Experience of developing and implementing governance and procedures.
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability and persuasive skills to explain complex financial information and procedures to non-specialist staff.
- Flexible approach to developing and adopting new systems and procedures in a maturing environment
- Excellent written and spoken English, proficient to high business language standard.
- Japanese language skills would be an advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex governance environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and challenge the status quo.
To apply for this role please email us your CV and quote the job title ‘Director of Finance and Compliance’ in the subject line.
Please note that in line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. We cannot offer visa support.