Accounts Payable Assistant
- Reporting To: Finance Assistant
- Contract: Until March 2019 (with potential for renewal)
- Hours: Part time, 16-24 hours per week
- Closing Date: 28 February 2019
Duties & Responsibilities
The Accounts Payable Assistant will assist with the processing of all pro-formas and tax invoices in a small finance team. The role will extend to all areas of processing invoices from authorisation to payment and will therefore provide an excellent oversight of the AP function which is integral to the reporting of the Profit and Loss statement. Communicating both internally and externally will be necessary to ensure all invoices are processed correctly and in a timely manner. This position would particularly suit someone looking to enter in to the field of finance as it will provide an excellent overview of the main processes involved.
- Process all invoices correctly
- Undertake clerical duties e.g. filing, etc.
- Deal with ad hoc queries as necessary
- Ensure proper escalation, prioritization and remediation of issues
- Contribute to the team’s performance, ensuring no backlogs occur and that the team is fully informed of all potential problem situations
- Match invoices against purchase orders raised by the project managers
- Preparation and review of payment runs as required
- Ensuring all invoices are approved in accordance with our internal processes
- Reconcile supplier accounts and review all supplier statements
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers to resolve issues
- Assistance with ad hoc finance projects as they arise
- A bachelor’s degree or currently studying for a finance-related degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English, proficient to high business language standard
- Japanese language skills are advantageous
- Good excel skills including pivot tables and vlookup.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work, whilst paying attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
To apply for this role please email us your CV and quote the job title 'Accounts Payable Assistant' in the subject line.